So we’re all running around like headless chickens and living such mad busy lives that we rarely find time for ourselves to clear our heads. Wouldn’t it be great to just sit and chill somewhere for a little while
One way is to create a space either to meditate in or simply a space in which you can just relax for 10 minutes every day.
Why is it important?
We are living such busy lives today with so much going on around us that we seldom stop to pause and clear our minds to create some head space. The steps below will help you to make the right environment by creating a space that is tranquil and calm and a place where you can escape to.
- Allocate a room or even a space in a room for your Calm Corner
- Clear the clutter to ensure as empty a space as possible – create the minimalist look
- Ensure that there are no loud colours on the wall – go for neutral colours
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Light some candles or even select your favourite scented candles
- Hang some paintings or pictures on the walls such as Buddha ones
- Ensure that if you are sitting on the floor that you have a soft textured rug underneath you and that you are warm.
- Listen to some calming music to induce a tranquil feeling
With the above steps in place put aside even 10-15 mins every day to spend in your ‘Calm Corner’ and to have some ‘you’ time.